The Application

Once you've arrived at The Answer, the next step is The Application of the Answer.

Once again, I can only tell you how I applied it. But first, a little history.

My career is in software design and development, which happens to fit my Answer, create something from nothing.

When I was programming for free, 100% of my time was spent doing what I enjoyed.

When I turned my hobby into a job, the fun was slowly reduced to about 10% of the time.

The other 90% is spent doing all kinds of thing I don't like.

Effectively, I've ruined my hobby.

Of course, I have a great career, but at the expense of a hobby.

The lesson here is once you've arrived at the Answer, i.e. the activities you love, don't try to make money with them.

So, I do photography, blog, write screenplays, make short films, etc.

And don't get me wrong, if I accidentally make money in these endeavors, I'll be even happier, but it's just icing on the cake.

The Application of the Answer is simple. Just do it. (My apologizes to Nike).

Reduce TV watching, Internet surfing, etc. and redirect that time to the activities that make you feel alive.

No comments: