You have enough

I have enough.

Say it with me.

I... HAVE.... ENOUGH !!!

Don't believe yourself. Look around.

I'll wait.........................

You didn't look around did you?

Alright. I'll do it for you.

I see my computer. Then everything in the room. Then the room.

And in my mind I see the house and in each room of the house I see furniture, appliances, closets and cupboards filled with stuff.

Then I see my bedroom and drawers stuffed with clothes. Clothes I don't wear. And a closet packed with more clothes. Most of which I don't wear.

And more than enough shoes for someone with only two feet.

Then out to the garage and I see cars and boxes and boxes and boxes of more things. Things I don't need all that much. And some stuff I don't need at all.

I have:

games
I don't play;
books I don't read;
CDs I don't listen to;
DVDs I don't watch;
tools I don't use;
kitchen gadgets I can't find and therefore don't use;
food in the cupboard I can't see and hence do not eat;
cologne I don't wear

And so on. And so on.

And then, there are the things I have to just have them. We call them collectibles. Presumably because they collect dust.

And I'm not that different from most people I know.

Now, please look around. Do it for real this time.

And say it with me now...

I have enough.

2 comments:

roman said...

I have nothing but a 9 years old laptop still with the first Win XP on it and this makes me feel free.

When I lost everything and was trying to get back on my feet I wanted my stuff back but than I realized it is much easier to move around with one backpack. And then I decided that it would stay like that.

Good post.

Michael Kohlhaas said...

When I was cycling today I thought when I die people will be shocked to see my flat bc there is so little in there. Only the things I need. Now I read your article. Feels strange.